The Pine Valley chapel of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was completed in 1868 and is the oldest chapel in continuous use in the church. Designed and built by a shipbuilder, the church is known as “a ship built upside down”. As can be seen in the attic, it is built as a ships hull turned upside down. Local granite and limestone were used for its foundation and the surrounding pine trees were used for the building. It is a two story building where the lower part was used as a school and the upper as a church. Set in a valley surrounded by beautiful mountains and trees, the church can be attended on Sunday’s throughout the year for services and can be toured throughout the week.